Floating leisure articles for use on and in the water - Part 4: Additional specific safety requirements and test methods for Class B devices
|Publication Date:||1 August 2017|
|ICS Code (Outdoor and water sports equipment):||97.220.40|
This document specifies safety requirements and test methods related to materials, safety, performance and consumer information for classified floating leisure articles for use on and in the water according to ISO 25649-1.
This document is to be applied with ISO 25649-1 and ISO 25649-2.
This document is applicable for Class B floating leisure articles for use on and in the water according to ISO 25649-1 regardless whether the buoyancy is achieved by inflation or inherent buoyant material.
Class B devices provide a buoyant structure with one or more body openings into which the user is positioned partly immersed.
NOTE 1 Typical products forming Class B (see Annex B):
- floating rafts with interior body holding system ("swim seats") mostly in circular or square shape, fantasy shape for playing purposes;
- floating fantasy shaped structures with one or more openings to host a child's body, with or without body holding system;
- floating with slits or openings to put legs through any shape;
- floating rings with interior seat segments inside the circular body opening.
NOTE 2 Typical places for application:
- protected areas of lakes, ponds;
- protected area sea shore (no offshore winds, no currents).