Standard: TAPPI T 458
SURFACE WETTABILITY OF PAPER (ANGLE OF CONTACT METHOD)
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
In this method (1-3), the contact angle between air and liquid on a paper surface is taken as a measure of the resistance of the paper surface to wetting by the liquid.
The initial angle of contact or initial wettability is considered to be a measure of the ruling quality of the paper. The rate of change in the wettability is considered to be a measure of the writing quality.
There are other important purposes for which surface wettability of a paper by contact angle measurement may be of interest, for example, with regard to adhesives. However, considerable modification of the procedure might be required. Hence, this procedure is restricted to ruling and writing purposes.
|Document Number:||tappi t 458|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
Standards That Reference This Standard
Showing 1 of 1.