Standard: NFPA 1911 HDBK
STANDARD FOR THE INSPECTION, MAINTENANCE, TESTING, AND RETIREMENT OF IN-SERVICE AUTOMOTIVE FIRE APPARATUS HANDBOOK
This standard is available for individual purchase.
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This standard defines the minimum requirements for establishing an inspection, maintenance, and testing program for in-service fire apparatus.
This standard includes guidelines for fire apparatus refurbishment and retirement.
This standard identifies the systems and items on a fire apparatus that are to be inspected and maintained, the frequency of such inspections and maintenance, and the requirements and procedures for conducting performance tests on components.
This standard provides sample forms for collecting inspection and test data.
The primary purpose of this standard is to provide requirements for an inspection, maintenance, and testing program that will ensure that in-service fire apparatus are serviced and maintained to keep them in safe operating condition and ready for response at all times.
The secondary purpose of this standard is to establish that safety is a primary concern for the continued in-service use of a fire apparatus and the ultimate decision to refurbish or retire that fire apparatus.
It is not the intent of this standard to restrict any jurisdiction from exceeding the minimum requirements described in this document.
|Organization:||National Fire Protection Association|
|Document Number:||nfpa 1911 hdbk|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|