VDI 4602 BLATT 1
Energy management - Terms and definitions
|Publication Date:||1 October 2007|
|ICS Code (Construction materials and building (Vocabularies)):||01.040.91|
|ICS Code (Energy and heat transfer engineering (Vocabularies)):||01.040.27|
|ICS Code (Energy and heat transfer engineering in general):||27.010|
|ICS Code (Other installations in buildings):||91.140.99|
It is the aim of this guideline to close off a series of definition-related gaps which have, even between specialists, repeatedly resulted in misunderstandings in application, in the formulation of requirement profiles and descriptions of products or solutions. A description of the methods used in the application of an energy management system may be found in the relevant literature but this goes far beyond the remit of this definition-related guideline and is ultimately not the purpose of this guideline.
The present guideline unambiguously defines the term energy management and is formulated in such a way that it can be applied in different fields of application such as
- property belonging to public territorial authorities,
- commercial and industrial property, or
- property belonging to energy supply companies.
The guideline is subdivided into the following sections:
- Purpose of preparing the guideline, placement of energy management within known management systems, recording the necessity of an energy management strategy as a permanent recurring task in industry, in local authorities and also in the private sector
- Requirements made for an energy management system, effectiveness and achievement of objectives, individual modules and presentation of typical functions taking industrial energy utilisation as an example
- Listing and clarification of the individual definitions as assigned to the corresponding fields of application
- Alphabetical listing of terms with cross-references to the corresponding sections of the guideline
As far as its contents are concerned, guideline VDI 4602 is defined as an independent document. Efforts have been made to make it as comprehensive as possible and terminology is included on the basis of the application fields of energy provision, distribution and utilisation.
Part 2 of guideline VDI 4602 will provide examples which show practical application of the terms.