Fibre optic interconnecting devices and passive components - Reliability - Part 9-1: Qualification of passive optical components
|Publication Date:||1 June 2015|
|ICS Code (Fibre optic interconnecting devices):||33.180.20|
This part of IEC 62005 establishes a general reliability qualification program that applies to all passive fibre optic components except connectors and connector assemblies, the passing of which, suggests a minimum level of reliability assurance and allows that specific device to be called qualified to this standard.
The objectives of this International Standard are as follows:
- to specify the requirements for a general reliability qualification standard (RQS) for passive optical components;
- to give direction to the supplier and to the end user on the production and purchase of passive optical components to meet and verify reliability qualification standards for certain specified service environments;
- to give the minimum list of reliability qualification stress tests and conditions;
- to establish guidance for the selection of appropriate measurements and pass/fail criteria;
- to give relevant references; and
- to establish the minimum reporting requirements.
This standard defines a series of stress tests, their severity, sequences, quantities of devices under the test (DUT), acceptance criteria, and reporting requirements. It also gives guidelines to selecting appropriate measurements and pass/fail criteria.