CENELEC - EN 60335-2-5
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-5: Particular requirements for dishwashers
|Publication Date:||1 April 2015|
|ICS Code (Domestic safety):||13.120|
|ICS Code (Dishwashers):||97.040.40|
This European Standard deals with the safety of electric dishwashers for household and similar purposes, that are intended for washing and rinsing dishes, cutlery and other utensils, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances.
Appliances intended to be used by laymen in shops and other premises for normal housekeeping purposes, are within the scope of this European Standard.
NOTE Z101 Examples of appliance for household environment are appliances for typical housekeeping functions used in the household environment that may also be used by non-expert users for typical housekeeping functions:
- in shops and other similar working environments;
- in farm houses;
- by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments;
- in bed and breakfast type environments.
NOTE Z102 Household environments include the dwelling and its associated buildings, the garden, etc.
As far as is practicable, this European Standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in household and similar environments.
However, in general, it does not take into account
- children playing with the appliance,
- the use of the appliance by very young children,
- the use of the appliance by young children without supervision,
- user maintenance by children, including the cleaning of the appliance.
It is recognised that very vulnerable people may have needs beyond the level addressed in this European Standard.
This European Standard does not apply to
- commercial electric dishwashing machines (EN 60335-2-58),
- appliances intended for industrial purposes,
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas).
NOTE Z103 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary,
- in many countries, additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities.