CEN - EN 124-6
Gully tops and manhole tops for vehicular and pedestrian areas - Part 6: Gully tops and manhole tops made of polypropylene (PP), polyethylene (PE) or unplasticized poly(vinyl chloride) (PVC-U)
|Publication Date:||1 June 2015|
|ICS Code (Road equipment and installations):||93.080.30|
This European Standard applies to manhole tops and gully tops made of Polypropylene (PP), Polyethylene (PE) or unplasticized poly(vinyl chloride) (PVC-U) by a moulding or extrusion process, with a clear opening up to and including 1 000 mm for covering gullies, manholes and inspection chambers for installation within areas subjected to pedestrian and/or vehicular traffic.
It is applicable to manhole tops and gully tops for use in
- areas which can only be used by pedestrians and pedal cyclists (class A 15), and
- pedestrian areas and comparable areas, car parks or car parking decks (class B 125).
This European Standard gives guidance for combinations of covers/grating made of PP, PE or PVC-U with frames according to EN 124-2, EN 124-3, EN 124-4 and EN 124-5.
This European Standard is not applicable in isolation but only in combination with EN 124-1.
This European Standard is not applicable to:
- rodding point covers according to EN 13598-1;
- gratings/covers as part of prefabricated drainage channels according to EN 1433;
- floor and roof gullies in buildings which are specified in EN 1253 (all parts);
- surface boxes.