SNZ AS/NZS IEC 60947.6.1
Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear Part 6.1: Multiple function equipment-Transfer switching equipment
|Publication Date:||23 September 2015|
Scope and object
This part of IEC 60947 applies to transfer switching equipment
(TSE) to be used in power systems for transferring a load supply
between a normal and an alternate source with a supply interruption
of the supply to the
load during transfer, the rated voltage of which does not
exceed 1 000 V a.c. or 1 500 V d.c.
- manually operated transfer switching equipment (MTSE);
- remotely operated transfer switching equipment (RTSE);
- automatic transfer switching equipment (ATSE).
It covers TSE provided with or without an enclosure.
Devices necessary for the control (e.g. control switches, etc.) and the protection (e.g. circuitbreakers, etc.) of a TSE are covered by the relevant IEC standards.
NOTE 1 TSE used only for emergency lighting may be subject to specific rules and/or legal requirements and are not, therefore, covered by this standard.
The object of this part of IEC 60947 is to state:
1) The characteristics of the equipment:
equipment; b) equipment the
main part of which being devices covered by other IEC 60947 product
2) The conditions of the equipment with respect to:
a) operation for which the equipment is intended;
b) operation and behaviour in case of specified abnormal conditions, for example, shortcircuit;
c) dielectric properties.
3) The tests intended to confirm that these conditions have been met and the methods for performing these tests.
4) The data to be marked on the equipment and provided by the manufacturer.
NOTE 2 This standard covers also ATSE or RTSE which can be used for safety services as defined in IEC 60364-1 and for which the installation requirements are given by IEC 60364-5-56.
NOTE 3 Other ATSE requirements are under consideration such as closed transition TSE (make before break transfer operation).