NORSOK - M-001
|Publication Date:||1 September 2014|
This NORSOK standard provides guidance and requirements for material selection and corrosion protection for hydrocarbon production and processing facilities and supporting systems for fixed offshore installations including subsea production systems. This NORSOK standard also applies for onshore terminals, except for structural and civil works. The basis for material selection and corrosion protection in this document is minimum 20 years design life.
This NORSOK standard gives guidance and requirements for:
- corrosion and material selection evaluations;
- specific material selection where appropriate;
- corrosion protection and corrosion control;
- design limitations for specific materials;
- qualification requirements for new materials or new applications.