Rubber compounding ingredients - Sulfenamide accelerators - Test methods
|Publication Date:||15 January 2016|
|ICS Code (Rubber compounding ingredients):||83.040.20|
This International Standard specifies the methods to be used for the evaluation of sulfenamide accelerators:
- MBTS: benzothiazyl disulphide;
- CBS: N-cyclohexylbenzothi
- TBBS: N-tert-butylbenzothi
- DIBS: N,N'-diisopropylbenz
- DCBS: N,N'-dicyclohexylben
- MBS: N-oxydiethylenebenzo
NOTE Although MBTS is not a sulfenamide, it is the primary decomposition product of these accelerators and quantitatively determined by the method specified in 5.2.
The analytical methods are applicable for most commercial sulfenamide accelerators:
- sulfenamides of primary amines (type I);
- sulfenamides of unhindered secondary amines (type II);
- sulfenamides of hindered secondary amines (type III).
The method (5.2) to determine purity by high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) is the preferred method.