DNVGL-RU-SHIPS P 6 CH 2
Part 6 Additional class notations - Chapter 2 Propulsion, power generation and auxiliary systems
|Publication Date:||1 January 2016|
The scope for additional class notationsBattery(Power) and Battery (Safety) add an increased level of safety related to battery installations in vessels. The rules in this section are considered to satisfy the requirements for specific types of battery installation and certification, in accordance with the following list:
- battery systems used as main source of power
- battery systems used as additional source of power
- battery systems used for miscellaneous services
- safety requirements for batteries other than Lead Acid and NiCd. For Lead Acid and NiCd batteries see Pt.4 Ch.8
- requirements for certification of the batteries.
Since commercial battery technology will be under constant development, the requirements of this section may need to be supported by additional information and requirements, on a case by case basis. Designs that are not in compliance with this section may be approved after evaluation by the Society, provided that it can be demonstrated that the design represents an equal or better level of safety.