(NFPA) - NFPA T3.6.8
Fluid power systems – Cylinders – Dimensions for accessories for cataloged square head industrial types
|Publication Date:||3 August 2010|
This standard includes
- nominal dimensions of accessories for cataloged industrial square head fluid power cylinders. Such accessories include pivot pins, plain rod eyes, rod clevises, eye brackets, split collars and weld plates [basic cylinder dimensions are standardized in NFPA/T3.6.7 R3];
- dimensional identification code for envelope and mounting dimensions not already set forth in ISO 6099;
- dimensions for simplification of variety and dimensional interchangeability purposes only. This document is in no way intended to imply suitability of dimensioned components for any particular service or application. A method to determine load ratings will be handled through subsequent documents;
- dimensions for mounting accessories that will have a load rating compatible to that of the cylinder pressure rating for which the accessory is intended.
- simplifies varieties of sizes and configurations;
- promotes accessory interchangeability by establishing uniform mounting dimensions;
- allows manufacturers freedom of design and still provides basic guidelines necessary for component interchangeability.
This standard provides
- common language for dimension identification;
- a simplified pattern for dimension presentation.