Connectors for optical fibres and cables – Part 1: Generic specification
|Publication Date:||1 October 2006|
|ICS Code (Fibre optic interconnecting devices):||33.180.20|
This part of IEC 60874 applies to fibre optic connectors sets and individual components (i.e. adaptors, plugs, sockets) for all types, sizes and structures of fibres and cables. It includes:
- connector set requirements;
- quality assessment procedures.
This part of IEC 60874 is divided into five clauses:
- Clauses 1 (Scope), 2 (Normative references) and 3 (Terms and definitions) contain general information pertaining to this generic specification;
- Clause 4 (Requirements) contains all the requirements to be met by connectors covered by this specification. This includes requirements for classification, the IEC specification system, documentation, materials, workmanship, quality, performance, identification, and packaging;
- Clause 5 (Quality assessment procedures) contains all of the procedures that must be followed for IEC quality assessment of products covered by this standard.
NOTE 1 Clauses 1 to 4 are applicable generally and refer to all connector standards while Clause 5 relates to IEC qualification alone.
NOTE 2 This part of IEC 60874 applies also to the connectors covered by IEC 61753, IEC 61754, and IEC 61755 series.
This standard does not cover test and measurement procedures, which are described in IEC 61300-1, IEC 61300-2 and IEC 61300-3.