Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2-79: Particular requirements for high pressure cleaners and steam cleaners
|Publication Date:||1 June 2016|
|ICS Code (Cleaning appliances):||97.080|
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
This part of IEC 60335 deals with the safety of high-pressure cleaners without traction drive, intended for household and commercial indoor or outdoor use, having a rated pressure not less than 2,5 MPa and not exceeding 35 MPa.
It also applies to steam cleaners and those parts of hot water high pressure cleaners incorporating a steam stage which have a capacity not exceeding 100 l, a rated pressure not exceeding 2,5 MPa and a product of capacity and rated pressure not exceeding 5 MPa·l.
They are not equipped with a traction drive. The following power systems of the drive for the high pressure pump are covered:
- mains powered motors up to a rated voltage of 250 V for single-phase machines and 480 V for other machines,
- battery-operated motors, - internal combustion engines,
- hydraulic or pneumatic motors.
This standard does not apply to
- high pressure water jet machines having a rated pressure exceeding 35 MPa;
NOTE 101 In Europe, those machines are covered by EN 1829-1.
- steam cleaners intended for domestic use (IEC 60335-2-54);
- hand-held and transportable motor-operated electric tools (IEC 60745 series, IEC 61029 series, IEC 62841 series);
- appliances for medical purposes (IEC 60601);
- agricultural sprayers (ISO 4254-6);
- non-liquid, solid abrasive cleaners;
- machines designed to be part of a production process;
- machines designed for use in corrosive or explosive environments (dust, vapour or gas);
- machines designed for use in vehicles or on board of ships or aircraft.
NOTE 102 Attention is drawn to the fact that in many countries additional requirements on the safe use of the equipment covered can be specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities.