ETSI - EN 301 489-33
ElectroMagnetic Compatibility (EMC) standard for radio equipment and services; Part 33: Specific conditions for Ultra-WideBand (UWB) devices; Harmonised Standard covering the essential requirements of article 3.1(b) of Directive 2014/53/EU
|Publication Date:||1 February 2017|
The present document, together with ETSI EN 301 489-1 , covers the assessment of radio devices based on UWB technology in respect of ElectroMagnetic Compatibility (EMC).
The present document applies to fixed, mobile or portable UWB devices, e.g.:
• stand alone radio equipment with or without its own control provisions;
• plug-in radio devices intended for use with, or within, a variety of host systems, e.g. personal computers, hand-held terminals, etc.;
• plug-in radio devices intended for use within combined equipment, e.g. cable modems, set-top boxes, access points, etc.;
• combined equipment or a combination of a plug-in radio device and a specific type of host equipment;
• equipment for use in road and rail vehicles;
• Ground and wall probing radar equipment;
• (tank) level probing radar equipment;
• Material sensing devices.
Technical specifications related to the antenna port and emissions from the enclosure port of Ultra-WideBand (UWB) equipment are not included in the present document. Such technical specifications are found in the relevant product standards for the effective use of the radio spectrum.
The present document specifies the applicable test conditions, performance assessment and performance criteria for Ultra-WideBand (UWB) equipment and associated ancillary equipment.
Examples of Ultra-WideBand equipment are given in the related harmonised standards.
In case of differences (for instance concerning special conditions, definitions, abbreviations) between the present document and ETSI EN 301 489-1 , the provisions of the present document take precedence.
The environmental classification and the emission and immunity requirements used in the present document are as stated in ETSI EN 301 489-1 , except for any special conditions included in the present document
The present document covers the essential requirements of article 3.1b of Directive 2014/53/EU [i.1] under the conditions identified in annex A.