ETSI - EN 302 065-4
Short Range Devices (SRD) using Ultra Wide Band technology (UWB); Harmonised Standard covering the essential requirements of article 3.2 of the Directive 2014/53/EU; Part 4: Material Sensing devices using UWB technology below 10,6 GHz
|Publication Date:||1 November 2016|
The present document specifies the requirements for material sensing applications using UWB technology operating in all or part of the frequency band from 2,2 GHz to 8,5 GHz. Additionally, it specifies reduced emissions in the ranges from 0,96 GHz to 2,2 GHz and 8,5 GHz to 10,6 GHz.
The present document applies to:
1) Material Sensing devices: a device enabling radio determination application designed to detect the location of objects within a structure or to determine the physical properties of a material.
2) Equipment fitted with a non-user changeable antenna.
3) The main categories are:
a) Non fixed material sensors;
b) Non fixed building material sensors;
c) Fixed material sensors. The present document does not apply to:
• UWB communication devices;
• Ground and wall probing radar devices;
• Through-wall radar imaging devices; and
• (Tank) Level Probing devices.
Equipment covered by the present document operates in accordance with ECC/DEC(07)01 [i.7] and Commission Decision 2014/702/EU [i.12]
These radio equipment types are capable of operating in all or part of the frequency bands given in table 1.