Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-79: Particular requirements for high pressure cleaners
|Publication Date:||1 January 2009|
|ICS Code (Cleaning appliances):||97.080|
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
This International Standard deals with the safety of high pressure cleaners for household, industrial and commercial use having a pressure not less than 2,5 MPa and not more than 25 MPa and with an input to the drive for the high pressure pump not exceeding 10 kW, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances.
It also applies to industrial and commercial steam cleaners having a water container with a capacity not exceeding 1 000 l, a rated pressure not exceeding 3,2 MPa and a product of capacity and rated pressure not exceeding 300.
It is also applicable to appliances making use of other forms of energy for the motor, but it is necessary that their influence is taken into consideration.
As far as it is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account
- the use of appliances by young children or infirm persons without supervision,
- playing with the appliance by young children.
NOTE 101 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities.
NOTE 102 This standard does not apply to
- appliances that are incorporated in process equipment;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of corrosive or explosive atmosphere (vapour or gas);
- audio, video and similar electronic apparatus (IEC 60065);
- appliances for medical purposes (IEC 60601);
- hand-held motor-operated electric tools (IEC 60745);
- personal computers and similar equipment (IEC 60950);
- transportable motor-operated electric tools (IEC 61029);
- steam cleaners for household use only (IEC 60335-2-54)