ARMY - DA PAM 700-32
PACKAGING OF ARMY MATERIEL
|Publication Date:||15 January 2008|
This publication provides uniform guidelines for packaging within the U.S. Army. It covers-
(1) Packaging of Army-used and Army-managed materiel that is stocked, stored, and shipped.
(2) Development and application of packaging requirements.
(3) Selection of the appropriate levels of protection.
(4) Evaluation of packaging methods and selection of materials.
5) Packaging performed at Army and contracted activities.
(6) Packaging educational programs.
(7) Application of specialized packaging requirements.
(8) Setup and maintenance of logistics management information (LMI) for item distribution and packaging.
(9) Coordination of Army packaging policy.
Packaging for the Army shall conform to this publication, DODD 4140.1, AR 700-15/NAVSUPINST 4030.28E/ AFJMAN 24-206/MCO 4030.33E/DLAR 4145.7, and Military Standard 2073-1 (MIL-STD-2073-1) regardless of where performed. Materiel offered for storage and shipment shall be adequately protected; be consolidated for effective handling; be safe for transport; and be properly marked and identified per MIL-STD-129.
This pamphlet applies to the Active Army, the Army National Guard/Army National Guard of the United States, and the U.S. Army Reserve, unless otherwise stated. It also applies to all personnel who perform packaging operations for the Army.