MISSION ASSURANCE (MA)
|Publication Date:||11 September 2018|
Purpose: This issuance:
• Establishes policy and assigns responsibilities to meet the goals of refining, integrating, and synchronizing aspects of DoD security, protection, and risk-management programs that directly relate to mission execution as described in the DoD Mission Assurance Strategy and Mission Assurance Implementation Framework.
• Assigns responsibilities for execution of critical infrastructure roles assigned to DoD in Presidential Policy Directive (PPD)-21 and prescribed in DoD Instruction (DoDI) 5220.22. Ensures consistency with applicable provisions of the National Infrastructure Protection Plan and compliance with applicable provisions of Part 29 of Title 6, Code of Federal Regulations.
• Maintains a Defense Critical Infrastructure (DCI) line of effort within MA to sustain programming, resources, functions, and activities supporting those responsibilities formerly under the Defense Critical Infrastructure Program (DCIP).
• Establishes the Mission Assurance Coordination Board (MACB) structure to manage risk at the DoD level through the MA Senior Steering Group (MA SSG) and the MA Executive Steering Group (MA ESG)).
• Integrates MA with existing DoD risk-management efforts such as the Defense Planning Guidance and the Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution process.
• Integrates MA-related responsibilities assigned in the DoD Cyber Strategy.