ETSI - ES 202 336-12
Environmental Engineering (EE); Monitoring and control interface for infrastructure equipment (power, cooling and building environment systems used in telecommunication networks); Part 12: ICT equipment power, energy and environmental parameters monitoring information model
|Publication Date:||1 February 2019|
The present document defines measurement and monitoring of power, energy and environmental parameters for ICT equipment in telecommunications or datacenter or customer premises.
It defines the power, energy and environmental parameters monitoring interface of ICT equipment based on generic ETSI ES 202 336-1  interface so that correlations can be made with ICT equipment parameters (traffic, flowrate, number of connected lines, radio setting, QoS KPI, etc.) in the network management system.
Correlations of monitored data (power, energy consumption and environmental values) with the ICT equipment parameters and settings are not in the scope of the present document.
The monitoring interface covers:
• Internal power consumption measurement on the ICT equipment powered in DC and AC.
• Power consumption measurement external to the ICT equipment (if not implemented internally, e.g. legacy equipment).
• Energy metering based on power consumption measurement.
• Environmental parameters of the ICT equipment (e.g. temperature at air inlet of equipment). The present document defines:
• The minimum set of exchanged information required at the interface, including parameters such as measurement type (e.g. RMS), accuracy, range, etc. and settings such as data acquisition and transmission period, etc. This includes the data preparation, recording and transmission functions.
• The testing method of some parameters and functions.
• Text tables in annexes A and B with data exchange described in "natural language".
• The XML files with tags and variables corresponding to the data in the tables of annexes A and B in complement to general rules defined in ETSI ES 202 336-1  and ETSI ES 202 336-2 .