Mobile and fixed offshore units – Electrical installations – Part 6: Installation
|Publication Date:||1 April 2019|
|ICS Code (Electrical equipment of ships and of marine structures):||47.020.60|
|ICS Code (Other electrical equipment for working in special conditions):||29.260.99|
This part of IEC 61892 provides specific requirements for the installation of electrical equipment in mobile and fixed offshore units, including pipeline, pumping or "pigging" stations, compressor stations and single buoy moorings, used in the offshore petroleum industry for drilling, production, accommodation, processing, storage and offloading purposes.
It applies to all installations, whether permanent, temporary, transportable or hand-held, to AC installations and DC installations without any voltage level limitation. Referenced equipment standards may give voltage level limitations.
This document specifies requirements such as those concerning
- protection during equipment storage and in the installation period,
- installation of generators and motors,
- installation of transformers,
- installation of switchgear and controlgear assemblies,
- installation of semiconductor converters and UPS,
- installation of secondary cells and batteries,
- installation of luminaires,
- installation of heating and cooking appliances,
- installation of trace and surface heating,
- installation of cables and wiring, both low-voltage and high-voltage cables,
- requirements in relation to earthing and bonding,
- lightning protection;,
- testing of completed installation, and
This document does not apply to
- fixed equipment for medical purposes,
- electrical installations of tankers, and
- control of ignition sources other than those created by electrical equipment.
NOTE 1 For medical rooms, IEC 60364-7-710 provides specific requirements. Requirements for tankers are given in IEC 60092-502.
NOTE 2 Guidance on protection of non-electrical equipment can be found in ISO 80079-36, ISO 80079-37 and IMO 2009 MODU Code, 6.7.