Adjustable speed electrical power drive systems - Part 2: General requirements - Rating specifications for adjustable speed AC power drive systems
|Publication Date:||1 April 2021|
|ICS Code (Motors):||29.160.30|
|ICS Code (Rectifiers. Converters. Stabilized power supply):||29.200|
This part of IEC 61800 applies to adjustable speed electric AC power drive systems, which include semiconductor power conversion and the means for their control, protection, monitoring, measurement and the AC motors.
It applies to adjustable speed electric power drive systems intended to feed AC motors from a BDM or CDM connected to line-to-line voltages up to and including 35 kV AC 50 Hz or 60 Hz and/or voltages up to and including 1,5 kV DC input side.
NOTE Adjustable speed electric DC power drive systems intended to feed DC motors are covered by IEC 61800-1.
This documents defines and describes a non-exhaustive list of criteria for the selection of BDM/CDM/PDS performance and functional attributes. This list is reviewed by the responsible parties to determine considerations for the design of device(s), equipment or system(s) with related testing specification. It also suggests a selection of performance and functional attributes for driven equipment and extended products. The performance and functional attributes focus on the following categories:
• principal parts topology and classification of the PDS;
• ratings, performance and functionality;
• specifications for the environment in which the PDS is intended to be installed and operated;
• other specifications which might be applicable when specifying a complete PDS.
Traction applications and electric vehicles are excluded from the scope of this document.
This document provides a non-exhaustive list from which minimum requirements can be used for the development of a specification between customer and manufacturer based on the application requirements. This same non-exhaustive list can be used by a manufacturer to determine the minimum requirements for a commoditised BDM/CDM/PDS without customer interaction based on the specified application of that BDM/CDM/PDS.
For some aspects which are covered by specific PDS product standards in the IEC 61800 series, this document provides a short introduction and reference to detailed requirements in these product standards.
This applies to the following aspects:
• EMC requirements are covered by IEC 61800-3;
• general safety requirements are covered by IEC 61800-5-1;
• functional safety requirements are covered by IEC 61800-5-2;
• type of load duty guidance is covered by IEC TR 61800-6;
• interface and use of profiles requirements are covered by IEC 61800-7 (all parts);
• power interface voltage specification is covered by IEC TS 61800-8;
• ecodesign energy efficiency requirements of drive system are covered by IEC 61800-9 (all parts).