High-Voltage Testing Techniques
|Publication Date:||6 March 2013|
This standard is applicable to:
- Dielectric tests with direct voltages
- Dielectric tests with alternating voltages
- Dielectric tests with impulse voltages
- Tests with impulse currents
- Tests with combinations of the above
- Capacitance and dielectric loss measurements This standard is applicable only to tests on equipment with a rated voltage above 1000 V.
Procedures are given for applying correction factors to convert test data to standard atmospheric conditions.
This standard also specifies procedures for testing equipment when external insulation of the test object is to be subjected to dry, wet, or contaminated conditions.
The purpose of this standard is to:
- Define terms of general applicability
- Present general requirements regarding test equipment and procedures
- Describe methods for evaluation of test results