CEN - EN 13278
Open fronted gas-fired independent space heaters
|Publication Date:||1 October 2013|
|ICS Code (Gas heaters):||97.100.20|
This European Standard specifies the requirements and test methods for the construction, safety, marking and rational use of energy of open fronted gas-fired independent space heaters with and without a fan to assist with the transportation of flue gases, hereafter referred to as appliances. Although the fan may be mounted outdoors, this standard only covers appliances where the body of the appliance is indoors.
This standard applies to types B11AS, B11BS, B14AS, and B14BS (commonly referred to in this standard as type B1 appliances) open fronted gas-fired independent space heating appliances:
- that incorporate an atmospheric burner;
- that are connected directly to an open flue (see Figure 1), or to a device to evacuate the products of combustion (open-flued appliances);
- that have a nominal heat input not exceeding 20 kW (based on the net calorific value);
- that are delivered with the gas-carrying components, burner(s), combustion chamber and heat exchanger fully assembled.
It does not apply to:
- closed-fronted appliances;
- decorative fuel effect appliances as specified in EN 509;
- catalytic combustion appliances;
- ducted-air appliances;
- appliances installed by means of a closure plate (see 18.104.22.168).