Power Transformers - Application Guide
|Publication Date:||1 October 1997|
|ICS Code (Transformers. Reactors):||29.180|
Scope and object
This Standard applies to power transformers complying with the series of publications IEC 60076.
It is intended to provide information to users about:
- certain fundamental service characteristics of different transformer connections and magnetic circuit designs, with particular reference to zero-sequence phenomena;
- system fault currents in transformers with YNynd and similar connections;
- parallel operation of transformers, calculation of voltage drop or rise under load, and calculation of load loss for three-winding load combinations;
- selection of rated quantities and tapping quantities at the time of purchase, based on prospective loading cases;
- application of transformers of conventional design to convertor loading;
- measuring technique and accuracy in loss measurement.
Part of the information is of a general nature and applicable to all sizes of power transformers. Several chapters, however, deal with aspects and problems which are of the interest only for the specification and utilization of large high-voltage units.
The recommendations are not mandatory and do not in themselves constitute specification requirements.
Information concerning loadability of power transformers is given in IEC 60354, for oil-immersed transformers, and IEC 60905, for dry-type transformers.
Guidance for impulse testing of power transformers is given in IEC 60722.