CENELEC - EN 61056-1
General purpose lead-acid batteries (valve-regulated types) - Part 1: General requirements, functional characteristics - Methods of test
|Publication Date:||1 December 2012|
|ICS Code (Acid secondary cells and batteries):||29.220.20|
This Part of IEC 61056 specifies the general requirements, functional characteristics and methods of test for all general purpose lead-acid cells and batteries of the valve-regulated type :
• for either cyclic or float charge application;
• in portable equipment, for instance, incorporated in tools, toys, or in static emergency, or uninterruptible power supply and general power supplies.
The cells of this kind of lead-acid battery may either have flat-plate electrodes in prismatic containers or have spirally wound pairs of electrodes in cylindrical containers. The sulphuric acid in these cells is immobilized between the electrodes either by absorption in a microporous structure or in a gelled form.
NOTE The dimensions, terminals and marking of the lead-acid cells and batteries which are applied by this standard are given in IEC 61056-2.
This part of IEC 61056 does not apply for example to lead-acid cells and batteries used for
• vehicle engine starting applications (IEC 60095 series),
• traction applications (IEC 60254 series), or
• stationary applications (IEC 60896 series).
Conformance to this standard requires that statements and claims of basic performance data by the manufacturer correspond to these test procedures. The tests may also be used for type qualification.