Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2-39: Particular requirements for commercial electric multi-purpose cooking pans
|Publication Date:||1 April 2017|
|ICS Code (Small kitchen appliances):||97.040.50|
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
This International Standard deals with the safety of electrically operated commercial multipurpose cooking pans not intended for household and similar use, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances connected between one phase and neutral and 480 V for other appliances. This standard also deals with pressurized appliances and appliances with pressurized parts.
NOTE 101 These appliances are used for processing food for commercial consumption, for example in kitchens of restaurants, canteens, hospitals and in commercial enterprises such as bakeries, butcheries, etc.
The electrical part of appliances making use of other forms of energy is also within the scope of this standard.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by these types of appliances.
NOTE 102 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries, additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities.
NOTE 103 This standard does not apply to
- appliances designed exclusively for industrial purposes;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- appliances for continuous mass production of food;
- deep fat fryers (IEC 60335-2-37).