Standard: IEC 60034-27-1
ROTATING ELECTRICAL MACHINES – PART 27-1: OFF-LINE PARTIAL DISCHARGE MEASUREMENTS ON THE WINDING INSULATION
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This part of IEC 60034 provides a common basis for:
– measuring techniques and instruments;
– the arrangement of test circuits;
– normalization and testing procedures;
– noise reduction;
– the documentation of test results;
– the interpretation of test results, with respect to partial discharge off-line measurements on the winding insulation of rotating electrical machines.
The measurement methods described in this document are applicable to stator windings of machines with or without conductive slot coating and to the stator windings of machines made with form wound or random wound windings. In special cases like high voltage rotor field windings, this document is applicable as well. The measurement methods are applicable when testing with alternating sinusoidal voltages from 0,1 Hz up to 400 Hz.
Interpretation guidelines are given in this document and are applicable only if all the following requirements are fulfilled:
– Measurements performed with power frequency of 50 Hz or 60 Hz, or when testing with power supply within a frequency range of 45 Hz to 65 Hz.
– Form wound windings and winding components such as bars and coils.
– Winding with conductive slot coating. This is usually valid for machines with voltage rating of 6 kV and higher.
For machines with random wound windings, form-wound windings without conductive slot coating, and testing at frequencies differing from power frequencies, the interpretation guidelines are not applicable. The testing procedures for off-line PD-measurements of this document can be used for assessing the uniform quality of manufacturing or/and the trending of these kind of windings as well as converter driven machine windings.
NOTE Testing of low voltage machines with so called Type I insulation systems is defined in reference 1. Testing procedures for qualification of converter driven high voltage machines with so called Type II insulation systems are dealt with in IEC 60034-18-42 (in addition to the optional electric tests described therein).
1 Numbers in square brackets refer to the Bibliography
|Organization:||International Electrotechnical Commission|
|Document Number:||iec 60034-27-1|
|Change Type:||NEW ADDITION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 12.