CEN - EN 16587
Railway applications - Design for PRM Use - Requirements on obstacle free routes for infrastructure
|Publication Date:||1 June 2017|
|ICS Code (Aids for disabled and handicapped persons in general):||11.180.01|
|ICS Code (Railway engineering in general):||45.020|
This European Standard describes the specific 'Design for PRM Use' requirements for obstaclefree routes applying to infrastructure and the assessment of those requirements. The following applies to this European Standard:
- The definitions and requirements describe specific aspects of 'Design for PRM Use' required by persons with disabilities and persons with reduced mobility as defined in the PRM TSI;
- This European Standard defines elements which are universally valid for obstacle-free routes. The definitions and requirements of this European Standard should be used for infrastructure applications;
- This European Standard only refers to aspects of accessibility for PRM passengers, it does not define general requirements and general definitions;
- This European Standard assumes that the infrastructure is in the defined operating condition;
- Where minimum or maximum dimensions are quoted these are absolute NOT nominal requirements.
This European Standard contains requirements relating to 'Obstacle-free routes'.