Spring Hose Clamp
|Publication Date:||1 February 2018|
Note: Nothing in this standard supercedes applicable laws and regulations.
Note: In the event of conflict between the English and domestic language, the English language shall take precedence.
Purpose. This standard covers the materials and performance requirements for spring band hose clamps.
Applicability. This specification covers five (5) types of Constant Tension Band (CTB) Clamps:
• Normally Closed, Regular Profile (see Figure 1).
• Pre-opened with Clip, Regular Profile (see Figure 2).
• Pre-opened Clipless (see Figure 3).
• Normally Closed, Low Profile (Space Saver) (see Figure 4).
• Pre-opened with Clip, Low Profile (Space Saver) (see Figure 5).
Remarks. Spring band hose clamps must function with hose/nipple connections of a variety of dimensional ranges and must have a full open diameter which is large enough to install the hose clamp over a bead when the hose clamp is already assembled. Clamp size will be designated by its Nominal Diameter (Dn) to distinguish between different hose clamp working ranges.
The material used is an austempered carbon steel. Generally, a coating, per GMW14083, is applied for resistance against corrosion and general automotive fluids.