Fire resistance tests - Door and shutter assemblies - Part 1: General requirements
|Publication Date:||1 January 2019|
|ICS Code (Fire-resistance of building materials and elements):||13.220.50|
|ICS Code (Doors and windows):||91.060.50|
This document, used in conjunction with ISO 834-1, specifies a method for determining the fire resistance of door and shutter assemblies designed primarily for installation within openings incorporated in vertical separating elements, such as
- hinged and pivoted doors,
- horizontally sliding and vertically sliding doors, including articulated sliding doors and sectional doors,
- steel single-skin folding shutters (un-insulated),
- other sliding, folding doors,
- tilting doors,
- rolling shutter doors,
- removable panels in walls,
- self-closing openable windows.
Requirements are included for mechanical pre-conditioning, e.g. "cycling" of door and shutter assemblies prior to the conduct of the fire-resistance test.