CEN - EN 16842-1
Powered industrial trucks - Visibility - Test methods and verification - Part 1: General requirements
|Publication Date:||1 May 2018|
|ICS Code (Industrial trucks):||53.060|
This part of the EN 16842 series gives the common test requirements for powered industrial truck visibility testing and is intended to be used in conjunction with EN 16842 parts 2 to 17.
The EN 16842 series specify requirements and test procedures of all around visibility of self-propelled industrial trucks (herein after referred to as trucks) in accordance with ISO 5053-1 with a sit-on or standon operator, without load, and equipped with fork arms or load platform.
The truck specific requirements in EN 16842 parts 2 to 17 supplement or modify the corresponding clauses of this part EN 16842-1 and provide the relevant requirements for the specific truck.
The visibility test requirements of the applicable part of EN 16842 for each truck type are used to fulfil the visibility requirements of the EN 16307 series.
This European Standard does not apply to:
- industrial, rough terrain variable reach or rough terrain masted lorry mounted trucks;
- trucks with elevating operator position, when the operating position is elevated above 500 mm;
- rough terrain variable reach trucks - within the scope of EN 15830;
- centre controlled order picking trucks (in accordance with 3.16 of ISO 5053-1:2015);
- pallet truck end controlled (in accordance with 3.15 of ISO 5053-1:2015).
NOTE 1 The following trucks in normal operation have excellent 360° visibility and therefore will not be part of this series of standards:
- ride on pallet truck;
- pedestrian controlled pallet truck.
NOTE 2 For trucks equipped with attachments (e.g. clamp), see Clause 9 "Information for use".