Structural design of offshore ship-shaped units
|Publication Date:||1 July 2018|
Scope and applications
1.3.1 This standard cover the following ship shaped units constructed in steel:
- production and storage (FPSO/FLNG/FSO)
- well intervention for the following structural items:
- material selection and inspection principles - design conditions and design loads
- hull strength assessment
- fatigue requirements
- topside structure
- topside and turret interface to hull structure
- specific units requirements
- procedures and requirements for units subject to DNV GL classification services.
Serviceability (SLS) condition is not covered in this standard.
Strength requirements are given for restricted and non-restricted transit and operation. Units without any restrictions may operate world wide, except in Polar areas. For operation in Polar areas additionally requirements associated with such operation shall be complied with.
For novel designs or unproven applications where limited experience are available, global FE-analysis and model tests may be required to demonstrate the overall strength and fatigue capacity.
In case of conflicts between requirements given in this standard and other DNV GL documents, the requirements given in this standard prevail.
For application of this standard as technical basis for classification see Ch.3 Sec.1.
Flag and shelf state requirements are not covered by this standard.