Structural design of offshore ship-shaped and cylindrical units
|Publication Date:||1 July 2021|
This standard cover structural requirements of ship-shape and cylindrical units for world wide operation, and units permanently moored at a site specific location. The standard is based on the working stress design (WSD) principle and cover the following limit states:
- ultimate limit states (ULS)
- fatigue limit states (FLS)
- accidental limit states (ALS)
and the following structural items are covered:
- material selection and inspection principles
- design conditions and design loads
- hull strength assessment
- fatigue requirements
- topside structure
- topside and turret interface to hull structure
- unit specific requirements
- procedures and requirements for units subject to classification services.
The following structural items are not covered in this standard:
- serviceability (SLS) condition
- flag and shelf state requirements.
Governmental regulations may include requirements in excess of the provisions of this standard depending on the type, location and intended service of the offshore unit or installation.
For novel designs, or unproven applications where limited experience is available, increased scope such as global FE-analyses and model tests may be required to demonstrate the unit's strength and fatigue capacities.