Qualification and Performance Specification for Rigid Printed Boards
|Publication Date:||1 April 2010|
Statement of Scope This specification establishes and defines the qualification and performance requirements for the fabrication of rigid printed boards.
Purpose The purpose of this specification is to provide requirements for qualification and performance of rigid printed boards based on the following constructions and/or technologies:
• Single-sided, double-sided printed boards with or without plated-through holes (PTHs).
• Multilayer printed boards with PTHs with or without buried/blind vias.
• Multilayer printed boards containing build up High Density Interconnect (HDI) layers conforming to IPC-6016.
• Active embedded passive circuitry printed boards with distributive capacitive planes and/or capacitive or resistive components.
• Metal core printed boards with or without an external metal heat frame, which may be active or nonactive.