AMENDMENT 2 Incandescent lamps – Safety specifications – Part 1: Tungsten filament lamps for domestic and similar general lighting purposes
|Publication Date:||1 December 2011|
|ICS Code (Incandescent lamps):||29.140.20|
International Standard IEC 60432-1 specifies the safety and interchangeability requirements of tungsten filament incandescent lamps for general lighting service having:
- rated wattage up to and including 200 W;
- rated voltage of 50 V to 250 V inclusive;
- bulbs of the A, B, C, G, M, P, PS, PAR or R shapes* , or other bulb shapes where the lamps are intended to serve the same purpose as lamps with the foregoing bulb shapes;
- bulbs with all kinds of finishes;
- caps B15d, B22d, E12, E14, E17, E26** , E26d, E26/50x39, E27 or E27/51x39.
As far as is reasonably practicable, this standard is also applicable to lamps with bulbs and caps other than those mentioned above, but which serve the same purpose.
This standard specifies the method a manufacturer should use to show that his product conforms to this standard on the basis of whole production appraisal in association with his test records on finished products. This method can also be applied for certification purposes. Details of a batch test procedure which can be used to make limited assessment of batches are also given.
This standard is concerned with safety criteria only and does not take into account the performance of tungsten filament lamps with respect to luminous flux, life or power consumption characteristics. Readers should refer to IEC 60064 for such characteristics with respect to types normally used for general lighting service.