Polyoxymethylene Copolymer - Carbon Filled, Electrostatically Dissipative, Gasoline Compatible
|Publication Date:||1 July 2020|
Note: Nothing in this standard supercedes applicable laws and regulations.
Note: In the event of conflict between the English and domestic language, the English language shall take precedence.
This specification covers the properties of a carbon powder and/or fiber filled, pellet formed, injection moldable, polyoxymethylene (acetal) copolymer. The different types are categorized by their level and type of carbon filler:
• C1: 4% to 7% Carbon powder
• C2: 7% to 10% Carbon powder
• C3: 10% to 15% Carbon powder + Carbon fiber blend
• C4: 10% to 15% Carbon fiber
The material abbreviation according to ISO 11469 is:
• C1: >POM-CD5<
• C2: >POM-CD8<
• C3: >POM-(CD+CF)12<
• C4: >POM-CF12<
Typical applications include fuel system components requiring electrostatically dissipative properties such as:
• C2: Inlet control valves and fuel pump module components.
• C3: Inlet control valves and filter components.