Incoming Paint and Sealer Material Documentation Requirements
|Publication Date:||1 August 2020|
Note: Nothing in this standard supercedes applicable laws and regulations.
Note: In the event of conflict between the English and domestic language, the English language shall take precedence.
This specification details the minimum information that must accompany each batch of material arriving for use at a GM assembly plant or painted parts supplier. The following materials are covered in this procedure.
• Electrodeposition (ELPO) - Resin and Paste
• Paint Shop Sealers - Pumpable and Preform
• Body Shop Sealers - Pumpable, Preform, and Dampers
• Primer Surfacer - Liquid and Powder
• Plastic Parts Primers
• Basecoat (BC) or Monocoat
• Clearcoat (CC)
• Sprayable Deadener and Sound Damper
• Reprocess, Primers/BCs/CCs/Cata
This standard provides the key incoming material properties for the materials listed in 1.1.
These key properties may be used by the plants to track the consistency of the materials received to ensure that the materials will perform properly in production.