DOD POLICY ON INTEGRATED PRIMARY PREVENTION OF SELF-DIRECTED HARM AND PROHIBITED ABUSE OR HARM
|Publication Date:||11 September 2020|
In accordance with the authority in DoD Directive (DoDD) 5124.02, this issuance:
• Establishes and integrates policies and responsibilities to mitigate self-directed harm and prohibited abusive or harmful acts using a career-cycle perspective to promote enduring force readiness.
• Leverages existing capabilities, where possible, to establish a DoD-wide prevention system that facilitates data-informed actions to integrate primary prevention activities to prevent self-directed harm and prohibited abusive or harmful acts.
• Focuses prevention efforts on research-based programs, policies, and practices.
• Identifies the Prevention Collaboration Forum (PCF) as the governance body to oversee this policy and assess the prevention system and data-informed actions.
• Implements Section 540D of Public Law (P.L.) 116-92.
• Adapts and applies the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's framework for sexual violence prevention to comply with Government Accountability Office-18-33 Recommendation 1 to include specific risk and protective factors, risk domains, and tertiary strategies for harassment prevention.