IEC - 60688
Electrical measuring transducers for converting AC and DC electrical quantities to analogue or digital signals
|Publication Date:||1 September 2021|
|ICS Code (Measurement of electrical and magnetic quantities):||17.220.20|
This document applies to transducers with electrical inputs and outputs for making measurements of AC or DC electrical quantities. The output signal can be in the form of an analogue direct current, an analog direct voltage or in digital form.
This document applies to measuring transducers used for converting electrical quantities such as
- active power,
- reactive power,
- power factor,
- phase angle,
- harmonics or total harmonic distortion, and
- apparent power
to an output signal.
This document is not applicable for
- instrument transformers that comply with IEC 61869 (all parts),
- transmitters for use in industrial process application that comply with IEC 60770 (all parts), and
- performance measuring and monitoring devices (PMD) that comply with IEC 61557-12:2018.
Within the measuring range, the output signal is a function of the measurand. An auxiliary supply can be needed.
This document applies
a) if the nominal frequency of the input(s) lies between 0 Hz and 1 500 Hz,
b) to the electrical measuring transducer if it is part of a system for the measurement of a nonelectrical quantity, and if it otherwise falls within the scope of this document, and
c) to transducers for use in a variety of applications such as telemetry and process control and in one of a number of defined environments.
This document is intended:
- to specify the terminology and definitions relating to transducers whose main application is in industry,
- to unify the test methods used in evaluating transducer performance, and
- to specify accuracy limits and output values for transducers.