Waterproofing Underline Bridge Decks
|Publication Date:||26 August 2008|
The guidance given in this document is applicable to the waterproofing of ballasted Underline Bridge decks.
It is not applicable to;
• other parts of Underline Bridges, such as below ground surfaces and abutments,
• Underline Bridges constructed by a tunnelling technique where the external faces are inaccessible for the application of waterproofing,
• overline bridges,
• the repair of an existing Waterproofing System (but see ).
The purpose of this Guidance Note is to supplement NR/L3/CIV/041: Waterproofing Systems for Underline Bridge decks by providing information on;
• the types of Waterproofing System, and their components,
• the selection of a Waterproofing System for a particular bridge deck,
• the detailing of a Waterproofing System,
• the application of a Waterproofing System,
• the performance criteria for Waterproofing Systems.
The information provided herein will be of use to those specifying Waterproofing Systems via the 110-114 Sections of the Model Clauses as given in NR/L3/CIV/140: Model Clauses for Civil Engineering works.