ETSI - TS 102 527-1
Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications (DECT); New Generation DECT; Part 1: Wideband speech
|Publication Date:||1 January 2012|
The present document specifies a set of functionalities of the New Generation DECT.
The New Generation DECT provides the following basic new functionalities:
• Wideband voice service.
• Packet-mode data service supporting Internet Protocol with efficient spectrum usage and high data rates.
• Extended Wideband speech services.
• Light Data Services: Software Update Over The Air (SUOTA), Content Downloading and HTTP based applications.
• Additional feature set nr.1 for Extended wideband speech services (in preparation).
The present document describes the first part: Wideband speech service:
• For the description of the support of transparent IP packet data, see TS 102 527-2 [i.4].
• For the description of the Extended wideband speech services, see TS 102 527-3 [i.5].
• For the description of the Light Data Services: Software Update Over The Air (SUOTA), Content Downloading and HTTP based applications, see TS 102 527-4 [i.11].
• The description of the additional feature set nr.1 for Extended wideband speech services, will be published as TS 102 527-5 [i.12].
All New Generation DECT devices will offer at least one or both of these services. If the device offers the wideband voice service, it will support also the DECT standard 32 kbit/s voice service according to EN 300 444  (GAP).
All DECT devices claiming to be compliant with this Application Profile will offer at least the basic services defined as mandatory. In addition to that, optional features can be implemented to offer additional DECT services.
The aim of the present document is to guarantee a sufficient level of interoperability and to provide an easy route for development of DECT wideband speech applications, with the features of the present document being a common fall-back option available in all compliant to this profile equipment.