Industrial communication networks – Fieldbus specifications – Wireless systems for industrial automation: process control and related applications
|Publication Date:||1 March 2012|
|ICS Code (IT applications in industry):||35.240.50|
|ICS Code (Industrial process measurement and control):||25.040.40|
|ICS Code (Multilayer applications):||35.100.05|
This Publicly Available Specification defines the OSI layer specifications (e.g., PhL, DL, etc.), security specifications, and management (including network and device configuration) specifications for wireless devices serving application classes 1 through 5 and optionally class 0 for fixed, portable, and moving devices.
NOTE Usage classes are described in Annex C.
It addresses the performance needs for periodic monitoring and process control where latencies on the order of 100 ms can be tolerated, with optional behavior for shorter latency.
The specification addresses:
• low energy consumption devices, and also those applications that have latency and latency variability constraints, with the ability to scale to address large installations;
• wireless infrastructure, interfaces to legacy infrastructure and applications, security, and network management requirements in a functionally scalable manner;
• robustness in the presence of interference found in harsh industrial environments and with legacy systems;
• coexistence with other wireless devices anticipated in the industrial work space, such as IEEE 802.11x, IEEE 802.16x, cell phones, and other relevant standards; and
• interoperability of ISA100 devices.