Maritime navigation and radiocommunication equipment and systems – Class B shipborne equipment of the automatic identification system (AIS) – Part 2: Self-organising time division multiple access (SOTDMA) techniques
|Publication Date:||1 March 2013|
|ICS Code (Navigation and control equipment):||47.020.70|
This part of IEC 62287 specifies operational and performance requirements, methods of testing and required test results for Class B "SO" shipborne AIS equipment using Selforganised TDMA (SOTDMA) techniques as described in Recommendation ITU-R M.1371. This standard takes into account other associated IEC International Standards and existing national standards, as applicable.
The main differences between Class B "CS" (IEC 62287-1) and Class B "SO" units are that the Class B "SO":
• covers all 25 kHz channels listed in Recommendation ITU-R M.1084-5;
• only uses the internal GNSS, no position sensor input is allowed;
• requires use of VDL Message 17 for correction of the internal GNSS;
• has a presentation interface;
• has additional reporting intervals, down to 5 s;
• has two power settings, with a high level of 5 W;
• has the capability to transmit binary messages.
It is applicable for AIS equipment used on craft that are not covered by a mandatory carriage requirement of AIS under SOLAS Chapter V.