CSA ISO/IEC 13842
Information technology - 130 mm optical disk cartridges for information interchange - Capacity: 2 Gbytes per cartridge
|Publication Date:||1 March 2000|
|ICS Code (Optical storage devices):||35.220.30|
This International Standard specifies
- the conditions for conformance testing and the Reference Drive;
- the environments in which the cartridges are to be operated and stored;
- the mechanical, physical and dimensional characteristics of the cartridge, so as to provide mechanical interchangeability between data processing systems;
- the format of the information on the disk, both embossed and user-written, including the physical disposition of the tracks and sectors, the error correction codes, the modulation methods used;
- the characteristics of the embossed information on the disk;
- the magneto-optical characteristics of the disk. enabling processing systems to write data onto the disk;
- the minimum quality of user-written data on the disk, enabling data processing systems to read data from the disk.
This International Standard provides for interchange between optical disk drives. Together with a Standard for volume and file structure it provides for full data interchange between data processing systems.