Standard for Ventilation Control and Fire Protection of Commercial Cooking Operations
|Publication Date:||1 January 2014|
* This standard shall provide the minimum fire safety requirements (preventative and operative) related to the design, installation, operation, inspection, and maintenance of all public and private cooking operations.
This standard shall apply to residential cooking equipment used for commercial cooking operations.
This standard shall not apply to cooking equipment located in a single dwelling unit.
* This standard shall not apply to facilities where all of the following are met:
(1) Only residential equipment is being used.
(2) Fire extinguishers are located in all kitchen areas in accordance with NFPA 10, Standard for Portable Fire Extinguishers.
(3) The facility is not an assembly occupancy.
(4) The authority having jurisdiction has approved the installation.
Purpose. The purpose of this standard shall be to reduce the potential fire hazard of cooking operations, irrespective of the type of cooking equipment used and whether it is used in public or private facilities.