Standard: NFPA - 96
STANDARD FOR VENTILATION CONTROL AND FIRE PROTECTION OF COMMERCIAL COOKING OPERATIONS
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This standard shall provide the minimum fire safety requirements (preventative and operative) related to the design, installation, operation, inspection, and maintenance of all public and private cooking operations.
This standard shall apply to residential cooking equipment used for commercial cooking operations.
This standard shall not apply to cooking equipment located in a single dwelling unit.
This standard shall not apply to facilities where all of the following are met:
(1) Only residential equipment is being used.
(2) Fire extinguishers are located in all kitchen areas in accordance with NFPA 10.
(3) The facility is not an assembly occupancy.
(4) The authority having jurisdiction has approved the installation.
The purpose of this standard shall be to reduce the potential fire hazard of cooking operations, irrespective of the type of cooking equipment used and whether it is used in public or private facilities
|Organization:||National Fire Protection Association|
|Change Type:||COMPLETE REVISION|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|NFPA 96||Change Type: TIA1||Update Date: 2017-08-17||Revision: 17||Status: ACTV|
|NFPA 96||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2014-01-01||Revision: 14||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 96||Change Type: STCH||Update Date: 2011-01-01||Revision: 11||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 96||Change Type:||Update Date: 2008-01-01||Revision: 08||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 96||Change Type:||Update Date: 2004-08-05||Revision: 04||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 96||Change Type: TIA||Update Date: 2001-08-02||Revision: 01||Status: INAC|
|96||Change Type:||Update Date: 2001-08-02||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 96||Change Type:||Update Date: 2001-08-02||Revision: 01||Status: INAC|
|NFPA 96||Change Type:||Update Date: 1998-08-05||Revision: 98||Status: INAC|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 45.