Tungsten Filament Lamps for Domestic and Similar General Lighting Purposes - Performance Requirements
|Publication Date:||1 May 2005|
|ICS Code (Incandescent lamps):||29.140.20|
This International Standard applies to tungsten filament incandescent lamps for general lighting service (GLS) which comply with the safety requirements in IEC 60432-1 and having:
- rated wattage of 25 W to 200 W, inclusive;
- rated voltage 100 V to 250 V, including marked voltage range not exceeding ±2,5 % of the mean voltage1);
- bulbs of the A or PS shapes;
- bulbs with clear, frosted or equivalently coated finishes, or white finishes;
- caps B22d, E26 or E27.
Specific lamp types are covered in section 8.
This standard states the performance requirements for lamps, including test methods and means of confirming compliance with the requirements. Whole production appraisal methods regarding a lamp manufacturer's test record on finished products are defined. This method can be applied for certification purposes. Details of a batch test procedure, which can be used to make an assessment of specific batches, are included, but it is not suitable for certification purposes.
For some of the requirements given in this standard reference is made to "the relevant data sheet". For some lamps these data sheets are contained in this standard. For other lamps, falling under the scope of this standard, the relevant data are supplied by the lamp manufacturer or responsible vendor.
NOTE 1 A lamp used in China having a rated wattage 15 W and rated voltage 220 V is included.
NOTE 2 Separate references are made to E26/24 caps used in North America and E26/25 caps used in Japan. The two are not compatible.
1) In countries in the process of changing from 220 V to 230 V nominal supply voltage, a range of ±3,5 % will apply temporarily.