Specifications for particular types of winding wires – Part 0-6: General requirements – Glass-fibre wound resin or varnish impregnated, bare or enamelled round copper wire
|Publication Date:||1 January 2007|
|ICS Code (Wires):||29.060.10|
This part of IEC 60317 specifies general requirements of glass-fibre wound resin or varnish impregnated, bare or enamelled, round copper winding wires.
The range of nominal conductor diameters is given in the relevant specification sheet.
When a reference is made to a winding wire according to one of the IEC 60317 series, the following information should be given in the description:
- reference to IEC specification;
- nominal conductor diameter in millimetres;
- grade of coating and glass covering.
The coating shall be characterised by the following different grades of thickness:
- GL1, bare conductor with 1 layer of glass fibre
- GL2, bare conductor with 2 layers of glass fibre
- grade 1 GL1, enamelled grade 1 (grade 1) with 1 layer of glass fibre (GL1)
- grade 1 GL2, enamelled grade 1 (grade 1) with 2 layers of glass fibre (GL2)
- grade 2 GL1, enamelled grade 2 (grade 2) with 1 layer of glass fibre (GL1)
- grade 2 GL2, enamelled grade 2 (grade 2) with 2 layers of glass fibre (GL2)