LUL - S1354
Customer - Facing Requirements for Temporary Works at Stations
|Publication Date:||1 December 2014|
This Standard applies to all temporary works undertaken at stations or across the network where there is a public interface which impact upon the customer service that is delivered at that station.
This Standard addresses and supports the specific customer service delivery issues of:
- Accessibility and interchange;
- Station planning guidelines Station décor,
- fixtures and fittings
- Station exteriors and approaches;
- Interior of stations;
- Sightlines, visual clutter and visual space planning;
- Signing and customer information;
- Amenities and facilities;
- Corporate design; and
- Insofar as they relate to temporary works at stations.
This Standard also addresses the following physical aspects of temporary works:
- The presentation of the customer-facing aspects of hoardings and temporary works;
- The presentation of temporary signs, posters and other notices, including site H&S boards and customer information.
This Standard addresses the physical interface between the temporary works and the LU customer and the issue of giving the customer the best possible quality and presentation of service information under degraded physical conditions. It does not address the decision-making process for trading off the extent of work versus the duration of work in order to minimise disruption of customer service.
The purpose of this Standard is to set out ways in which any degradation of customer service delivery during temporary works shall be minimised.
To ensure that the LU corporate image is represented during temporary works.
For technical and all other temporary works requirements not covered by 1.1 and 1.2, refer to 1-027 Site Hoardings, Fencing and Barriers.